Send us your 2016 Latornell Leadership Award Nominations!
November 15-17, 2016 at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort & Convention Centre, Alliston, ON
Nominations DUE June 24th: Leadership Award
The Latornell Leadership Award recognizes exemplary and leading edge career or voluntary achievements in the conservation field either in a sustained record over an extended period of time, or through individual outstanding examples.
The Latornell Leadership Award reflects important characteristics of its namesake, Ontario Conservationist, Art Latornell which include:
- instilling the value of conservation into the hearts and minds of young people to ensure a legacy of conservation in our communities; and,
- ensuring that professionals and volunteers alike, who are involved in conserving natural resources, receive the recognition they deserve for their accomplishments.
Who is Eligible to be Nominated?
Any Ontario resident who has demonstrated leadership accomplishments in the conservation field is eligible for this award. Such contributions could be through work, career, or volunteer experiences.
Examples of Activities
Contributions can include but are not limited to:
- Conservation legislation/policy development/reform
- Conservation innovation i.e. best management practices in forestry, agriculture, water technology/techniques/management
- Habitat enhancement - restoration/rehabilitation projects
- Conservation research/fieldwork/studies
- Concepts in Sustainability
- Environmental education/communications
- Natural resource management/planning
- Community organization
If you know an individual deserving of this award, please click here to learn more about nominating someone and to access the nomination form. Nominations will be accepted until June 24th, 2016.
NEW: The Watering Hole Blog Post!
The Latornell Leadership Award...Priceless!
Tom Prout, 2015 Leadership Award recipient & 2016 Leadership Award Master of Ceremonies
What a humbling surprise and honour to not only be one of the 2015 Latornell Leadership Award recipients, but to also be selected as the Master of Ceremonies for the 2016 Leadership Awards Banquet! What a wonderful way to finish an amazing career in conservation and the environment and start my retirement.
To many of you, the name Art Latornell will mean something and it should. Whether you knew Art or not by attending the Latornell Symposium you are benefiting from his dedication and generosity and helping fulfill his vision. READ MORE
Don’t forget to follow our Twitter feed @ADLatornell and add the hashtag #latornell to your tweets to stay connected to important online conversations about Latornell. Click on the icons below to visit our online communities…and Let’s Chat!
For more information:
Karen Anderson and Mario Maillet, Symposium Coordinators
Latornell Conservation Symposium
1-888-274-1364 ext. 4
c/o Conservation Ontario
120 Bayview Parkway