Registration for Latornell 2016 is now OPEN!
November 15-17, 2016 at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort & Convention Centre, Alliston, ON
Join us for Latornell 2016! Register by October 11th & save $185!
It's the most wonderful time of the year- Registration for the 2016 Latornell Conservation Symposium is officially open! Starting today, until midnight October 11th, 2016, you can register using the early rates for this year's event.
You will save $185 on the Three Day Registration Package if you register before the early rate deadline.
A Three Day Registration Package includes:
- Choice of 58 concurrent sessions, including tours
- Access to 50+ Exhibits from Government, Business, and Agencies
- Keynote presentations from: Dr. Faisal Moola, Brent Toderian, Dr. Avi Friedman, and Dr. Dianne Saxe
- Amazing networking opportunities, including: wine and cheese, and Choose Your Own Adventure social activities
View the 2016 Program and register online today!
Although the Nottawasaga Inn & Conference Centre is fully booked at this time, delegates can contact the Inn to sign up for the waiting list or book nearby accommodations at:
REMINDER: Latornell Grant Applications DUE September 23rd, 2016
The Latornell Conservation Symposium Grant was established in memory of A.D. Latornell to provide support for students and active members of the conservation community so that they may attend the annual Latornell Conservation Symposium.
A number of Three Day Grants and One Day Grants will be available in 2016.
The Three Day Grant includes: one three (3) day registration package, meals and 2 nights accommodations at the Nottawasaga Inn. Successful applicants will be asked to double up for accommodations due to limited room availability. Transportation is not included.
The One Day Grant includes: one one (1) day registration package for the day of your choice including meals for that day. Accommodations and transportation are not included.
- Applicants must be able to declare and demonstrate that without the grant they would be unable to attend the Symposium.
- Applicants must submit a complete application including one letter of reference prior to the application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Successful applicants must commit to full Symposium attendance. Grants are not transferrable to other individuals.
- Successful applicants must complete and return an evaluation following the Symposium.
For More Info:
For more information about eligibility criteria and how to apply visit our Grant Program page.
September 23rd, 2016
Help support our Grant Program - Donate to the Latornell Dream Auction!
At the 2016 Symposium, we will host the 15th annual "Dream Auction" which supports our grant program providing support to people who would not otherwise be able to attend Latornell. With almost $12,000 raised at last year's auction, our grants will enable 10-20 students and/or representatives of smaller environmental non-governmental organizations to attend the 2016 Symposium.
You can help with this worthy cause by making a donation to the auction. We welcome anything you think might be successful at an auction.
To make a donation, a suggestion, or if you have any comments please contact Freyja Whitten at 647‑963‑2849 or FWhitten@creditvalleyca.ca.
Don't forget to follow our Twitter feed @ADLatornell and add the hashtag #latornell to your tweets to stay connected to important online conversations about Latornell. Click on the icons below to visit our online communities…and Let's Chat!
For more information:
Karen Anderson and Mario Maillet, Symposium Coordinators
Latornell Conservation Symposium
1-888-274-1364 ext. 4
c/o Conservation Ontario
120 Bayview Parkway